The 10th edition of the Saudi Water & Electricity Forum (SWEF), took place in Riyadh – the heart of the water and power industry!
The annual forum and exhibition for the water and power stakeholders held under the Ministry of Water & Electricity patronage and produced by the CWC Group was extremely successful with over 400 delegates, 110 exhibitors and over 2500 visitors.
“This was our first participation in the SWEF and I found the conference very useful for gaining
knowledge of the industry and expanding our network”
Rob Henson, Manager, Business Development, VSMPO Tirus US
• Prince Turki Bin Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz officially opened the Forum at the Inauguration Ceremony
• H.E. Abdullah Al-Hussayen the Minister of Water & Electricity delivered the opening keynote speech to over 400 delegates
• The KAUST president Dr. Jean-Lou Chameau delivered a speech to the room
• SEC and GE won the SWEF award for innovation. The award was collected by Ziyad Al Shiha , Chairman and CEO of SEC and John Rice, Vice Chairman of G.E.
Opening Keynote Session – left to right:
Dr Bakr Hamzah Khoshaim, Chairman, Khoshaim Holding Co.& Power and Energy Consultant, H.E. Dr Saleh Alawaji, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Saudi Electricity Company & Deputy Minister for Electricity, Ministry of Water & Electricity,
H.E. Dr Abdullah Al-Shehri, Governor, Electricity & Co-Generation Regulatory Authority (ECRA)
H.E. Dr AbdulRahman Al-Ibrahim, Governor, SWCC,
H.E. Dr Loay Bin Ahmad Al-Musallam, Chief Executive Officer, National Water Company
Dr Maher Al-Odan, Head of Research, Development & Innovation, K.A CARE
SWCC Session- left to right:
Dr Abdullah AlAlshaikh, Deputy Governor for Planning & Development, SWCC & President, IDA, Eng Abdullah Al-Breakeit, Deputy Governor of Projects, SWCC, H.E. Dr AbdulRahman Al-Ibrahim, Governor, SWCC, Eng Othman Al-Najdi, Deputy Governor Operations & Maintenance, SWCC’
Eng Yahya AlKhoshi, Researcher, K.A. CARE
MOU signed on stage between SWCC & a Korean research centre Global MVP (GMVP)
- Forum Inauguration Session – featuring keynote speeches from The Minister, H.E Abdullah Al Hussayen, Dr. Jean-Lou Chameau, KAUST and Dr. Adil Bushnak, Moya Bushnak